Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Such a Whiner

I'm not feeling well at all today. I didn't sleep that great last night, and my throat has never been so itchy in all of my existence. So I proceeded to write a post telling you guys things I just can't stand. For instance:
  • Allergies
  • The inability not to sneeze
  • diarrhea
  • surface Christianity
  • ulcers in my mouth
  • gas...prices

And the list pretty much went on for 30 pages. I almost hit the publish button down below when God asked me a simple question: "What are you speaking on tonight?" I automatically thought about the garden after Adam and Eve sinned. God was walking around calling there name asking them where they were. God knew exactly where they were, He just wanted them to come out and embrace repentance and grace. God knew exactly what I was going to talk to our kids about tonight. He just wanted me to say it repent and experience grace. Tonight's message is on Moses and the Exodus. We are going to go through the story and see exactly the hearts of the Israelites that were...complaining (I know, Can you believe this??) We were then going to flip over to Phil. 2:14 were Paul tells us to do everything...without complaining (I'm feeling like a big poop head right now) for the sake of the church. God is so faithful in showing me things in my life I need to get right. I read a post by Andy Blankenship (this guy is hardcore...he is one of my heroes) about repentance. Repentance is not just a one time thing that happens at a church service, but a season we go through of God just cleaning house. I pray that God will bring me to a point where daily I'm falling on my face before our Holy God...repenting. And then, experience grace.

No comments: