Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Would Jesus have played basketball?

Tonight is basketball night. Tuesday's around 5:30 I go to the community center and meet up with some older guys and we play for a couple of hours. If you remember last week I came away pretty stinking frustrated because of a couple of guys who were being...umm...jerks. While I was spending some time with Jesus this morning, He just spoke peace to me. He allowed me to remember I was lost too once, and if it wasn't for some die hard Jesus Freaks who looked past my obnoxious personality I may have never learned of His great love. I would be doing nothing for the kingdom if I met up with 12 other strong believers in a church gym every week to play basketball. I was commanded to go out into the world. Read your bible and that's where you will always find Jesus....with the dirty, the poor, the obnoxious, the whores, the liars, the thieves, and any other person who just didn't know Him. He didn't save me so I could sit in my office and bask in my great discovery because I didn't discover anything. He found me. I never looked for Him. He called me to Himself. Why, oh why, would I ever think that a lost person is looking for Jesus??!! We have to take Jesus to them. So I need to quit expecting people who are lost to act saved. So I need to get off my lazy butt in my incredibly comfortable chair and go into the fields. Let's go hang around some sinners....and be light in a dark world.

No comments: