Sunday, June 1, 2008

Alabama Update

For all of you guys that have been missing me oh so much...Here is an update:

  • It is freaking dry here. I walked across my parents yard and you could actually feel the grass breaking under your shoe. I have NEVER seen anything like this.
  • I went to First Baptist this morning. Michael Whitt can still preach like no other. The man is gifted and I have a feeling most the people honestly have no clue how good he is. God has gifted Mike.
  • Again about this morning, I heard I believe my first sermon totally on heaven. I never knew a message about such a wonderful place could be so convicting. But again, Mike is gifted.
  • I went to Ryan Johnson's house after church tonight. FBC definitely upgraded when I left. I'm glad to see somebody there who genuinely loves those kids, and his wife is pretty amazing too, and JP made a move on his daughter Ella.
  • I'm eating Willy T's tomorrow with Ron Abernathy. I'm so going to tear up some special sauce.
  • I got to see Phillip and Tanner...My life is complete.
  • I'm missing Berryville a ridiculous amount. It was great seeing everyone and getting to spend some time with family, but God is just so amazing how He sets a love in your heart for a certain place. We have it for Berryville.
  • I miss my students a ton...I'll post later about my change of teaching plans this summer. It is going to be hardcore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you better miss us.
Ha! Go J.P.!!!

Lucy said...

About the grass, you should try Texas sometime.

Anonymous said...

Ricky, aren't you sad you didn't get to see us while you were here? lol I miss you guys. Hope things are going great