Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday's 7

  • JP got sick again today after we thought this whole thing was over. I don't think I can handle too much more yarking (or vomiting for you Arkansans).
  • VBS starts Monday night and my wife got me to teach the 6th grade class...Lord please help me get a better attitude about this.
  • Whatever you are doing, stop it and go and by "Family Driven Faith" by Voddie Baucham (you can finish reading this first). I started it last night and literally could not stop reading. Men...we need to step it up in our families.
  • I signed up for more classes than I ever have at Liberty for the fall semester, and these are probably the toughest I have to take. The weird thing is I'm really looking forward to starting them. God has seriously changed my heart about school.
  • I really hope I don't get sick.
  • I made and 88 on the last philosophy test I took, which pretty much sealed the deal that I would crawl out of that class with a C. For all you guys out there entering college or about to sign up for a philosophy class, RUN!! The hardest class I ever taken...easily.
  • Earl Dean and Judy Phillips will be teaching the new series in our married Sunday School class while I go and try to reformat our youth SS. They are teaching a Charles Stanley book, "Leaving a Godly Legacy". It is going to be great...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie...I just had to write you a quick little note to let you know how much I appreciate you and ALL you have done for me and JP these past couple of days. You are the greatest, I really mean it! I hope you so not get sick either, but if you do I am here for you! Anyway, I am with you on that book, which you stole from me. It is AWESOME! I hope your weekend gets better, and don't be so upset about VBS. You are teaching for a reason. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bro. Ricky for the encouraging words about the Philosophy class that I will eventually have to take!

I hope J.P. is feeling better. You guys are in our prayers!!

Wes George said...

I just heard about JP. I'm glad he's doing better. I've been at the fireworks tent just about 24/7 and haven't been on here in a while. Jeff Phillips stopped by yesterday to chat for a little while and told me about your games. You should probably be resting that ankle a little more if it's going to get better. Anyway, if you get bored, drop by the tent anytime. I'm ALWAYS there.
See ya,
Wes