Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spritual Warfare...In The Bathroom

Before I even start, I want you to know how much I struggled with this post. I'm not sure why, but anyway, here it goes:

I decided last night that God blessed me with a body, not an extremely sexy one or fit one, but one that works and doesn't hurt too bad too often. And with this revelation came a new desire to exercise. Nothing major, but every morning to get up and run, jog, walk around this little track I made up through the neighborhood. It's not far at all...maybe 2, 2 and a half miles. Just a little exercise everyday and a time where I can be all alone with Jesus. This morning was amazing...God ordained even. I know this because when Megan's dog started to bark and I woke up I wasn't ill. I even smiled a little (mainly thinking about my wife having to get up and deal with the aggravating toe muncher). So I jumped up and out the door I went embracing my morning with my Father. It was SUCH a nice morning with a wonderful breeze blowing. So I started my run thanking God for the ability to be able to run. It was actually one of the most spiritual moments I ever had, and I know many of you are laughing right now because you are thinking about me running but get over it. Well, I was praying that this morning would be just Spirit filled. That the church, the Body, would come in with a new attitude toward worship. God just really spoke and told me before I asked for other's attitude to change mine needed to also. Before I taught on spiritual disciplines, I need to become disciplined. God was just moving and gave me words that I new were just for me. So coming into the house to get a shower I was pumped, excited, knowing God was going to move this morning (if not in anyone else but me). Then it all went downhill. I got sick...bad. I don't remember much, but I do remember trying to put my deodorant on and becoming REALLY hot. I mean it was one of those sick hots...does that make sense?? Then I busted out in this horrible sweat that ticked me off. 1. Because I just got out of the shower and I didn't want to feel nasty. 2. Because I realized that I may not be able to worship with the Body like I was looking forward too. I went and kind of hovered over our bed and started praying..."God I don't believe this sickness is of you. I'm asking you to let me feel better even if after church I start feeling the same way again. I just want to go and teach and worship." All of a sudden the freezing feeling I had caused from the sweat was gone. I felt ok. No more puke feeling...God desired me to be ok to work and worship. Please know I'm not for this whole name it and claim it message, but God worked in my life this morning and it was amazing. I just wanted to share that with you guys.

No comments: