Monday, June 30, 2008

Digging In

I learned the value of the expression "Dig In" way back in high school. Whether it was basketball practice with Coach Knight (which is as close to torture as I hope I'll ever be), crunch time in a big game, or just overloaded with school work, I learned that the phrase dig in just helps. It changes my mindset. I don't see it as a burden but a challenge, and I'm way more fond of a challenge. I had to tell myself this morning to dig in. I just finished classes for the summer and was preparing for a nice couple of weeks of reading and doing some other regular office work. Then I sit down and realize just how much I have to do. This month is packed. I teach our students 4 times this month, preach 3 (2 p.m. and 1 a.m.), M-fuge for 6 days, and then prepare for the student revival in Omaha the first part of August. This morning I looked at my calendar and said, "Dig In". I have been praying for some opportunities to preach and God has given me three. I get to spend a week doing mission work in St. Louis. I get to speak to our students 4 times this week. Life is good. The thought that Jesus would show so much grace towards me a sinner blows me away. That He allows me to share His Word...Unreal

No comments: