Thursday, June 12, 2008

DM Demolition

Well last night we kicked off our 7 Places series and it went really good despite some things that really tick me off. Here are some highlights:
  • I believe we had 18, maybe 19...we had some come in late so I didn't get info cards on them. Also 2 first timers...
  • I went all Paul Washer on the kids last night, and I'm glad.
  • I believe the statement that stood out the most last night was, "Has God so worked in your life that you absolutely hate sin, the very thing you used to live?"
  • Oh yeah, the things that ticked me off:
  1. Students coming in late when they know what time things start...I hate being late.
  2. Parents or adults, who should KNOW better, that come in during the middle of a worship service and ask to speak to a student. We are trying to share the GOSPEL with these teenagers!! Please wait till we open the doors.
  3. Students who surround themselves with drama and try to bring it in our ministry. I got one word for you...Leave
  • I know those may have sounded really harsh, but I promise I typed it with love.
  • Things that I'm really excited about from last night:
  1. Jesus moved.
  2. Students who may have never heard the Truth heard it last night.
  3. Jesus offers forgiveness.

No comments: