Thursday, June 5, 2008

Encouraging, Convicting, and Inspired Words

I have been reading a little more than usual lately. Writers, preachers, the Word, friends, artists, philosophers have all made comments that really just stuck out to me. I just want to share a few and I'll try and keep posting these every once in awhile.
  • "I am a tool for His glory... the hammer that strikes, but most often the nail..."--TJ Mauldin
  • "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of the body, that is, the church..."--Apostle Paul to the Church in Colossae.
  • "Now, I have no doubt that the place that Jesus has for each one us would make a mansion look like a shack. It will make Bill Gates home look like a one room rental. But the literal rendering here is not mansion. I am sorry to inform you of that. It’s really an unfortunate interpretation and many people by focusing upon it, miss out on the tremendous truth that is given here. It’s literally the word – dwelling places. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places. Places where you live. The exciting truth of this announcement is that where the Father is, you will call Home. You will have a home in his home."--Michael Whitt's sermon on John 14:1-3
  • "Living He loved me, Dying He saved, Buried He carried my sins far away, Rising He justified freely forever, One day He's coming, O Glorious Day!!"--Jeff Johnson Band

No comments: