Monday, June 16, 2008

Church League Sports

I'm pretty pumped about tonight because we have our first Church League Rag ball game. It's the same as softball but the ball is a little softer. We practiced last Thursday night and I'm thinking we are going to be tough to beat. We have two teams here at Southern Heights and we play each other in the late game. I'm still pretty banged up from the high ankle sprain, but I'm toughing it out and going to try and give my team a good night from the mound. The big story from the night will be our game against Freeman Heights at 8:30. For you guys who don't know Southern Heights is a...umm...unconventional mission of Freeman Heights(they split several years back). So I'm expecting a little tension during the game. Anyway, I thought I would give some predictions for the night:
  • At least one person will wear a faded out beer shirt. Don't doubt me on this one, if it happened at practice it'll happen in the game.
  • 3 obscenities yelled at the umpires, 1 at somebody on the other team, and 6 at somebody on the same team
  • 6 dips of snuff
  • 2 semi-serious injuries, 1 ambulance run
  • 4 husbands sleeping on the couch
  • 14 bloody knees
  • and Southern Heights team 4 coming out undefeated...

No comments: