Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Missing the 90's

Sitting here waiting for VBS to get started, I began to do a little daydreaming. I miss the 90's. Plain in simple this had to be the best decade hands down. I was born in 84 and I remember some cool things about the 80's, but thinking about music, television, clothes, and many other things makes me wish I had the opportunity to raise JP in this spectacular time.

TOP 5 Songs
5. Wonderwall (Oasis), I can't help but to think of Philip Wilson every time I think of this song
4. Killing Me Softly (Fugees) This girl has a voice
3. Jump (Kriss Cross), My first hip hop love
2. I'll Be (Edwin McCain) I can't play guitar, but this song made me want to
1. Time of Your Life (Green Day) I absolutely hate the band now, but this song brought tears to my eyes

TOP 5 TV SHOWS
5. Ren and Stimpy, You know it was hilarious
4. Drew Carey, Gave me the motivation not to be an alcoholic...for that I'll every be appreciative
3. Ned and Stacey, You may not remember this one but me and mom had some good laughs watching this one
2. Boy Meets World, I learned all of life's tough lessons watching this show
1. Saved by the Bell, Simply the greatest part of the 90's

TOP 5 Movies
5. Dazed and Confused, also contributed to my motivation not to grow up a loser
4. GroundHog Day, Many may argue but you know you watch it still every time it comes on TV
3. Green Mile, The end got a little weird but Tom Hanks was amazing
2. Shawshank Redemption, If I could have two first places this would be one...also contributed to a deep desire never to go to prison
1. Dumb and Dumber, Only the most genius movie of all time

TOP 5 CLOTHING TRENDS
5. Dickies, may have been just an Alabama thing but I had a few pair
4. Sagging Jeans, Still carries on today...a sign of a true fashion statement
3. Starter Coats, your favorite sports team with a Starter brand
2. Over the Calf Socks, You young wouldn't believe we used to wear socks you could actually see
1. Adidas Windpants, come on all my Calvary Baptist people...we rocked them every week

What were some of your favorite things about the 90's?? Let's start a debate...

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Yes, it's true, we rocked the wind pants. I'm still a big fan of the tall socks. In fact I was wearing them the day Ryan and I met (which was a few years after the 90's). His first impression of me: Why is she wearing those dorky socks?