Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Starting The Season 0-2

Yep, that's right. 0-2. Last night Southern Heights team 2 took the field with aspirations to win the church league ragball championship but were quickly deterred as Boyd Church and Bethel brought their A-games. I wasn't present for the game one, I was watching JP while Megan was directing VBS, but as I approached the field for game 2 (which started at 10:20 p.m.), I had high hopes. That was until I noticed everyone seemed to be injured. I have been fighting a high ankle sprain for 2 weeks now and Russell, our worship leader and player/coach seemed to have busted his knee pretty bad his first time in the box. Refusing to go away quietly I took the mound...and got roped!! They hit everything and we made error after error after error. We started rallying towards in the bottom of the 5th. I hit third that inning and bombed one to deep left center. When it left the bat, I was sure hoping it was gone just for the pure relief of being able to trot around the bases on a semi-hurt ankle. But just like everything else that night, it came up short. We play again tonight, but we will be missing tons since VBS is still going on. I'm hoping we can come away with a win tonight and then at least split Thursday night leaving us at 2-3 on the season. Then when VBS is over, we can play without other more important obligations. It was the most fun I have had in a long time though...win or lose.

No comments: