Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Change of Plans

Well, my plans for the next two or three weeks were drastically changed this morning around 7:30. First of all I woke up with the idea to tell you about almost altercation with satan (Oh yeah, take that...no capital letter for him), or in my house we call him by the name of Lucky. Lucky is Megan's new yorkie. I was going to tell you about me having a punt, pass and kick tournament all by myself at 4:30 a.m. with satan, or Lucky which ever you prefer, but as mentioned earlier my plans changed. Why you ask?? I rolled my ankle again playing basketball this morning. That's right...again. How bad you ask?? Almost the worst ever. When I rolled it I heard it pop...20 times, and the swelling went straight up my shin. I tried to jump up real quick and walk it out (notice the UNK reference cause I'm ganster, and yes click the link and watch the video) but that was not going to happen. So therefore, I won't be playing basketball for awhile or running or CHURCH SOFTBALL which starts Thursday. I think I'm going to try and man up for that though...we'll see how it goes. Anyway, God kinda taught me some things through this. 1. Pain is because of sin. Not always directly but indirectly. It wasn't a sin for me to play basketball, but because man fell in the Garden of Eden...pain exists. 2. Plans are great...I love plans. You have to make plans, but you cannot live by your plans. Michael had a great post about dividing your time between dreaming and doing. 3. I'm about to go all Casting Crowns on you, but Praise Him in the storms. He is worthy in good times and bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to see you Walk It Out. Sorry about the ankle && good luck with satan.