Thursday, September 11, 2008

DM Demolition + Heroes

In addition to the new Heroes series, I need to tell you about last night. First of all let me explain, I'm a little hardcore on Wed. nights. I'm not being prideful at all, but one of my missions every wed. night is to make sure our students understand this is not your typical student ministry. We are not about numbers, we are not about making you feel good, and we are not about surface messages...We are about truth...DEEP truth. We are about discipleship. We are about the Gospel. I understand there needs to be a balance in ministry to be successful. We try to keep that balance, but we do focus very hard on training our students to be missionaries in their schools. And to all of you other youth pastors I know who read this blog from the east coast to...umm...I guess as far west as Arkansas (that was lame)...I know you guys have great ministries, and I appreciate you. Thank you for being faithful to the truth and being great examples for me. Wes George is as stinking committed to Jesus as anyone I have ever met. Ryan Johnson is one of the deepest youth pastors who could be a lead pastor I have ever met. Here in a few lines you'll meet my hero in the ministry. I love you guys and have made ministry a fun thing to learn. But back to last night, we had record numbers, we started a discipleship CLASS, and let me stress that during this time we read, pray, and ask serious thought out questions and search the word for the answers. We had 14!! come to this last night at our house. God is really moving. But the most exciting thing was that one of our student missionaries has been sharing Jesus and his life with one of his lost friends. That friend last night called about 10:30 understanding he was a sinner and understanding Jesus as a way to salvation. I was thrilled over this guy coming to Jesus, but what was almost as thrilling was it was one of our students who did the work. God used him to bring someone else into the Kingdom. So last night was a huge refreshing. To see our students grasping the mission is awesome to see. Thank you Jesus.

That was a little longer than I thought and I'm getting tired of typing...come back later for the continuation of...(play theme music that sounds like the entry of a superhero) HEROES!!!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

That's awesome. And while I'm not a youth, excuse me, student minister, I do live further west than AR and I thouroughly enjoy reading your blog.

Do I count as your west coast?