Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Hero of Boldness

I decided to start a new series here at the Desiring More blog. I want to share with you my heroes, men and women of the faith that have made great impact on me and have helped me become who I am today. There will be several installments to this new series. So just sit back and meet the people to blame for all my strong personality traits:)

Several years ago I went and spent some time with a youth pastor in Georgia. Despite being a hardcore UG Bulldog fan, I still loved him. At that particular time in his life, he may not even remember this, he was reading through the book of Ezekiel. He was always talking about being a "watchman" for his students. This brother is bold...I mean hardcore. I don't know if I have ever met someone as straight up as he is. I know I talk about Andy a lot, but it is simply because of the impact he has made on my life. I'm not starting this series with him for any particular reason other than the fact that I am reading through Ezekiel right now and it just reminded me how bold Andy was. In fact, I think I may start calling him Ezekiel. I could see Andy doing some weird stuff like cooking his food over cow poop:) So here's to you, my hero of boldness...Thanks for teaching me that there are some things we need to stand strong for and NOT move an inch.

Stay tune for the next installment as I share with you: The Hero of My Ministry Example (does that make sense?)

No comments: