Monday, September 8, 2008

A Heart Pouring

Right now I'm sitting here in my office with 1.7 million things running through my head. I have papers I need to be writing, Wed. nights to be planning, and a new discipleship class to be programing. Yet all I can do is sit here, nibble on m&m's, and wonder what has happened to the Body of Christ. After reading Andy's Blog and having talked to that same mutual friend about church planting, my heart for some reason feels broken over the lack of perseverance for the church. First, let me make clear I have no hard feelings toward church planters. I have dear friends who have planted all over the country and are being used by God to bring tons of people into the Kingdom. Our mutual friend who is planting a church is one of the sincerest men of God I have ever met. Whether we agree or disagree on some issues is irrelevant, he has a TRUE desire to see Jesus glorified and for that I love this man with an abundance. What is simply breaking my heart is upheaval of people from one church to another after a few disagreements. There is no enduring by "believers" in the church today. We see our needs not being met therefore we move to the next thing that will, for awhile, be all about us. Maybe this sounds a bit harsh. It's not my purpose to sound mean, but it is my purpose to get us to examine the true purpose of the church. If God has placed a desire in you to plant in an unreached area...then plant and plant deep. By all means, fulfill the calling God has placed on your life. BUT, if you are these believers who are moving from one place to the next...STOP. The purpose of the church is not for you to be pleased...The church is here for you to know Jesus then teach you how to make Him known...so go do it. To my church planting friends, I'm thrilled you are following God's will. To the Body, plant yourself in a place and serve Jesus.

No comments: