Monday, September 22, 2008

Renewed

Lately things have been kinda tough spiritually for me. John 15 keeps ringing through my head and I hear Jesus screaming, "Get back on the VINE!!" Now more than ever I understand the Apostle Paul when he says he struggles doing what he should do, and what he shouldn't do he freely does. Do you guys ever feel that way?? Do your times with Jesus get interrupted one morning and before you know it you haven't spoken to Him all day? For me, it's not about having time. It seems as though God turns 24 hour days into 48 hour days just for me so I can fulfill all my duties at the church, do school work, study, and and still have time with my family. It's not about desire. For my desire is there as my heart breaks every time I realize I have built up another idol in my life. For me, it seems as though I have gotten too caught up in stuff and turned my loved relationship with my Savior into a religion as I try to find ways to tie myself to God. I keep forgetting about this amazing grace offered through Jesus for He is my righteousness. One of the greatest personal spiritual renewals I have had in my life was when I could not quit focusing on 2 Corinthians 5:21. When I again am reminded by my Father that Jesus is my good standing with Him...my Righteousness. I must never leave this truth again. He looks down on me and sees me just as I am, and yet He still loves me. I have struggled so much here lately with making sure I have good theology and correct doctrine, but what I have failed to realize is that this is good theology and correct doctrine. Yes, I know that there are times we must go deeper than this, but there are also times where we need to get back to this. Psalms 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted among the earth." It is so easy to get caught up in the latest book or fad. I believe we just need to get caught up in Jesus again. I need renewal and I know just where to find it...Do you need it?? Do you wanna come with me??

No comments: