Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday's 7

  • Another day of College Football...I love Saturdays.
  • Awana starts tomorrow here at Southern Heights. I have to do the large group sessions...the one thing I told the church I would not do when I interviewed here was be involved in teaching children. It's not that I don't like kids, I love them. I just really stink at teaching them. I'll play all day long but if you ask me to share the David and Goliath story with them I'm not sure how much they'll understand after I explain the context of the story.
  • I'm extremely excited about next Wed. night. After our Desiring More service we start our discipleship series at our house. I know what you are thinking, "Why would you do it after you just finished a service?" This was a strategic move that will enable us to only have the crowd that wants to grow...seriously wants to grow.
  • What does a discipled believer look like? That is the question we'll battle through first. We'll lay out exactly what our students should look like and be able to accomplish after they leave our ministry.
  • The Bobcats got beat by Yellville last night. Yellville had this whole "inside counter give" thing going on that our line just could not stop. Trulove, the quarterback, looked good and our receiving core is talented. We'll definitely get better.
  • I want give two shout outs to Ellis Cook and Adam Noble. Ellis seemed to have his head in on every defensive play and Noble worked hard all night long. I was proud of these guys.
  • I'm about to go watch some more football and wait for the next big upset...ROLL TIDE

No comments: