Friday, September 12, 2008

Heroes... My Ministry Example

Every once in awhile you'll just come across someone who makes an everlasting impression on you. Well, I believe this guy has made an impression on everyone he has ever met...some impressions were just better than others. Bradshaw has been my example in the ministry for a long time. From his early days at FBC Abbeville, to Hartford BC, now all the way in North Carolina, I have always thought his idea of ministry was right on target. Simply: If the kids love you...they'll be more likely to listen to you. Therefore, David spent countless hours at FBC being involved in the kids lives. He has shared Christ with some guys who are now hardcore believers in Jesus...and I believe he was successful because he was involved. Now that he is married and I'm married, ministry had to change slightly, example: We can't make dumb videos at 2 in the morning or cook pee to see if it will glow in the dark with all the kids (that's a story I have got to tell all my Arkansas readers one day). Now Bradshaw is in seminary getting all ridiculously educated and has really impressed on me the importance of continually growing in knowledge. So here is to you Mr. Bradshaw. The only one I know who can do the things you've done and not get fired...Thanks for being my example:)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Did I read that right? You cooked someone's pee?

I'm speechless.