Thursday, September 18, 2008

DM Demolition

For the past two weeks we have had some really good student services. Maxing out our room, we have come to the realization that we may need to do something soon about a meeting place. Any ideas?? But to give you a quick rundown of our past two services, I'll go to the ever trusty bullets:)
  • I love have tons of students there...It overjoys my heart because our students are the ones bringing them. I think they are catching the vision.
  • Every Wed. I explain that we are not the typical student ministry. I always expect some kind of drop in numbers or rude comments, but these students appreciate that we are serious about Jesus and will do everything to make sure others aren't distracted.
  • One student came to know Jesus last week and we are expecting God to do some BIG things through him.
  • We are still going through the book of Acts. I don't think I ever want to leave it. God has some amazing truth for us in there.
  • After our services we are doing a discipleship thing at the house. When planning I was expecting maybe 6 or 7 students...I was wrong. We stress strongly, "Do not come if you are not serious about growing in Jesus. It involves you working at home and spending some serious time trying to find biblical answers to hard questions. Do not come and be a distraction." We have had 15 students the first meeting and 17 last night...Kids are hungry for truth.

No comments: